Commonwealth Day… Is it a special day? What do you know about it?
One of the most important annual events in the UK. Usually takes place on the second Monday in March. The celebration day changes annually, and 2020 marks its 71st anniversary.
The focus of this year’s event was “delivering a shared future” and how the commonwealth family is innovating, connecting and transforming using technology and modern media to achieve goals in education, medicine, natural resource protection, and boosting trade.
The highlight of this year’s celebration was the participation of British Prince Harry and his wife Megan Mackle in their last commitment to the British royal family before they embarked on their new lives in Canada.
Commonwealth Day is celebrated annually across 5 continents in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, the Americas, the Pacific and Europe. Members of the British royal family are accustomed to attending the annual Mass. The Queen receives a speech broadcast worldwide and witnesses activities such as science marches, street parties, dancing, parades, discussions and festive activities.
But what is the Commonwealth?
The Commonwealth is a voluntary association of 54 independent and equal countries founded on December 11, 1931, as a union to achieve goals such as development, democracy and peace. The Commonwealth is often described as a ‘family’ of nations.
The Modern Commonwealth includes about a third of the countries of the world, and the population of these countries collectively reaches 2.4 billion people, varying in the area and economic potential, some are rich and others are poor. Any country can join the modern Commonwealth as Rwanda was the last country to join in 2009.
Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom is chaired by 16 countries that make up the Commonwealth, including countries that provide programs of citizenship by investment, namely: Antigua & Barbuda – Grenada – Saint Kitts & Nevis – Saint Lucia – Dominica – Vanuatu – Malta – Cyprus, in addition to countries that offer programs of Residency by Investment as – Canada and the United Kingdom itself.
What are the most important benefits for the Commonwealth Member States?
The Commonwealth promotes open learning and distance education and member states are also supported by a network of more than 80 intergovernmental, civil, cultural and professional organizations in addition to:
- Promoting Education: Some member states have consistently supplied scholarships to citizens of other participants states. Some of these nations include Canada, Britain, Australia and now India to horn their competencies in numerous areas of gaining knowledge.
- Promotion of Democracy: The Commonwealth of Nations has been regular in sending election observer groups to member states to screen their elections to make sure of loose and fair elections. The Commonwealth also offers financial help to the Electoral Commission of member countries to conduct credible elections.
- Military Assistance: The wealthy member states of the Commonwealth occasionally offer army hardware to the less developed member states to enhance the system of the armies. They also help with the education and re-training of officers and guys from other member states.
- Assistance to war-torn member countries in reconstruction after wars.
- Benefits for sports: Many sportsmen and women of member nations have benefited from the use of the commonwealth Games as a springboard to the world stage of video games and athletics.
- Employment opportunity: Many qualified citizens of member countries have found employment with the Commonwealth of Nations after scaling through the required qualification processes.
10 Reasons to Get Residency by Investment RBI
Residency by investment RBI means new destinations for your next investment project
10 reasons to take citizenship by investment CBI
Obtaining Citizenship by Investment CBI opens up many opportunities for you and provides you with many advantages that will change your lifestyle.
10 countries with the lowest tax rates in Europe
Learn about the lowest tax rates in Europe, and some European countries offer citizenship by investment programs.
Top 10 citizenship by investment programs for 2023
Citizenship by investment programs for 2023, with the latest updates related to each program and the most important benefits and benefits.
Thomas Anthony is the new CEO of Grenada Citizenship by Investment Unit
Thomas Anthony has been appointed as the new (CEO) of the Grenada Citizenship by Investment Unit, effective from April 3, 2023