Residency By Investment
In 1990, the EB5 visa program allowed many investors to enter the United States of America. The program was initially administered by the US Congress, but today it is under the US Citizenship and Immigration Services. The aim of launching this visa was to create greater investment opportunities in order to improve the American economy, and thus it was able to secure a position for it among the top 10 investment residencies in the world for the year 2020.
EB5 Visa for Investment Immigrants
The EB5 visa is an immigrant visa to the USA that allows individuals to obtain permanent residence (green residency) by investing in a business in the United States.
It is a visa directed to investors, businessmen, and anyone looking for a commercial investment project in order to start a new life outside his country for himself and his family. Obtaining an EB5 visa is also considered the first step towards obtaining citizenship, as the holder of this visa can obtain American citizenship when certain conditions are met.
What is the EB5 visa?
The EB5 investment immigration visa is for investors and entrepreneurs.
The investor must invest in an American company licensed for EB5 projects or open his own project.
In either case, he must provide 10 full-time job opportunities for US citizens.
Recent biometric photos .
Previous immigration applications document, if any.
A certificate from the criminal record (to not be).
Documents proving ownership of the business or investment.
Criteria and conditions for obtaining an EB5 Visa
- The investment is worth $1,050,000. Knowing that work with this value started after the date of 03/15/2022, where previously the investment started from $500,000.
- A reduced amount of $800,000 can be invested if the project is in the TEA target areas.
- Securing 10 full-time jobs for US citizens.
- Proof of the origins and legitimacy of funds.
- Possibility of having a partner in the new business venture.
- Investing in it must be an adventure (not developing money like investing in government bonds, but rather it must be a real project that carries profit or loss).
What are the target areas for employment TEA?
A target employment area, or TEA, is a geographic area in the United States that is either rural (population less than 20,000 in extreme border areas and not part of a metropolitan statistical area)or has an unemployment rate of 150% of the national average for America.
Advantages of the EB5 Visa program
- There is no minimum language level when applying.
- Opening a new investment door within the borders of the United States of America.
- The investor can submit a recruitment request for his wife and children under the age of 21.
- The investor can operate and manage the investment by himself.
Benefits of obtaining an EB5 Visa
- You can live and commute anywhere in the USA.
- You can work without the need for a work permit.
- It is possible to apply for US citizenship after 5 years of residency.
- Through the EB5 visa, the investor can bring his wife and children under the age of 21.
- The holder of the EB5 visa can travel to many countries without a visa and facilitate his obtaining a visa globally.
- Obtaining a green residence card within a period ranging from 1.5 years to approximately 2 years, and may increase according to the investor’s nationality.
About the United States of America
The USA is the third largest country in the world in terms of area and nearly third in population.
Tourism and economic importance: In one of the largest countries in the world, there will certainly be a wide variety of tourist attractions throughout the year. There are many charming landscapes, in addition to many historical monuments.
It is located in North America, it is bordered by the Pacific Ocean to the west and the Atlantic Ocean to the east. Along the northern border is Canada and the southern border is Mexico.
Estimated population of 335 million people
The capital of the state is Washington
The official language is English
The currency is the US dollar $
The General income rate: $49,800
Key Steps to Obtaining an EB5 Visa
The process may be simplified into the following steps:
|Step1:||Signing a contract with NTL and making the first payment.|
|Step2:||Choose the appropriate investment project:|
Choose the appropriate investment project that fulfills the conditions announced by the US Citizenship and Immigration Department in terms of the required amount, and invest in a project that accepts profit and loss, that is, what is known as the concept of exposing the project to risk. The investment project can be one of the following three types:
- The public investment amount is more than one million US dollars.
- Investing in a targeted employment area, or investing in regional centers specified by the US government. The investor finances an investment project by one of the 50 regional centers.
- Investment through targeted employment areas, either through investment in an area with a very high unemployment rate or in one of the extreme border areas with a population of no more than 20,000 people.
|Step3:||Submit Form I-526 and transfer the required amount:|
The investor transfers the full amount required for the investment to the Commissioner in the United States of Americ. After confirming the receipt of the amount, the investor submits Form I-526. To immigration and passports with all documents confirming the transfer of the amount to an American bank and proof of a stable source of income.
|Step4:||Obtain approval to file an I-526 application and thus obtain conditional residence.|
This residency gives the investor two years of validity to move to America and start his investment project. Later, this conditional period will be modified by one of the following methods:
- If the investor resided during this period in America, he must submit Form I-485 through the US Citizenship and Immigration Service.
- If the investor is not a resident of the United States, then he must file a Form DS-260 application with the Department of State.
|Step5:||Obtain the green card by filing Form I-929 and remove conditional residency status and obtain permanent residence.|
Info & useful links about USA
Many investors want to move and live in the USA, given the high standard of living and the availability of many suitable conditions for establishing a successful investment project. It is also an excellent place to live in terms of the quality of basic and university education. As for the cultural and social activities, there is a wide variety of different types of activities that the investor can experience with his family.
Living and investing in the United States of America means taking advantage of many opportunities, as it is considered the best place to start the best investment projects. In addition to the presence of many prestigious universities that enjoy a high ranking according to the most important international universities.
At NTL, we can help you with everything related to obtaining an EB5 Visa, choosing your next investment destination, and getting advice from NTL’s team of experts.
You can read about Türkiye is competing with Grenada for the E2 visa, click here for more.
UK Self-Sponsorship Visa (SPONSOR LICENSE +...
Residency By InvestmentThe UK - innovator visa...
Residency By InvestmentAbout the Golden and...
Residency By InvestmentThe Permanent Residency...
Residency By InvestmentResidency in Germany can...