Residency By Investment
The UK – innovator visa was issued in the United Kingdom to target owners of creative ideas and innovative projects, especially businessmen who wish to start an innovative investment activity in Britain. Where the investor can apply for the visa either to establish his project alone or to invest with a business partner.
It must be a distinguished, creative, and innovative project that contributes to the development of the UK economy, the creation of new job opportunities, and increased profits. The investor must be keen to achieve the goals stated in the Innovative Investor Visa application.
The UK - Innovator Visa
It requires the following criteria:
- The project must be unique.
- To target a new customer category.
- To be a competitive product or service in the UK economic market.
- The possibility of developing the project idea into a real business.
- The project must obtain approval from the advocacy body.
- To finance your project with an amount of at least £50,000.
The criteria to be met by the investor to obtain the UK - innovator visa
- Over the age of 18.
- He has an innovative project idea.
- It is based on an effective business plan.
- He can support himself and his family.
- Immigration and criminal record cleanup.
- B2 level of English.
What are the requirements for obtaining the UK - innovator visa?
- Letter of endorsement:
The idea of your creative project must obtain approval from the advocacy committee, including business incubators, investment funds, consultancies, and others. The endorsement letter must be issued 3 months before the application date.
- Investment value:
The UK – innovator visa Seeker does not only need his or her creative ideas, but also needs an investment amount of £50,000 in investment funds, and these funds must be:
- of legal origin.
- It is spent on innovative project development in the UK.
The investor is allowed to partner with other entrepreneurs on the condition that each investor enters with the same stipulated value of £50,000.
The conditions of the UK - innovator visa
- From outside the Kingdom, submit a request to move to the United Kingdom.
- Switch visa status.
- Extending the valid UK – innovator visa.
The benefits of getting the UK - innovator visa
- You can move to the UK with your family.
- Your family members can study and work in the country.
- Apply for an ILR ( Indefinite Leave to Remain) visa within 3 years.
- Ensuring access to a vibrant and prosperous economic market.
- Contribute to the local economy and achieve high-profit rates.
- Increase the number of clients around the world.
- The visa is issued for 3 years and can be renewed.
- Invest in a safe, politically stable, and economically developed European country.
- Access to health care for all family members.
- Securing the future of your children’s education.
A UK - innovator visa holder cannot do the following:
- To be an employee in a place other than his innovative project.
- To work as a sports coach, as there is a special visa for this category.
- Submit a request for public funds.
Three recent biometric photos.
B2 level of English
Where the applicant is subject to a special language test.
Able to provide proof of the innovator's ownership of 50,000 pounds in investment funds.
A negative result on a tuberculosis test
How long does it take to get a UK - innovator visa?
When all the requirements of the Ministry of Interior are met and the application is submitted, the application needs to be processed:
- 3 weeks outside the Kingdom.
- 8 weeks within the Kingdom.
The UK – innovator visa may be expedited for an additional fee.
How can an innovative investor visa be extended?
- The visa holder can settle and manage the company for a period of 3 years as long as his project obtains a letter of support, and in the event that this letter is withdrawn, another letter must be obtained from another authority, or the innovator must leave the country.
- After receiving the 3-year support letter, you can extend your residence permit application for another 3 years. The dependents mentioned in the application must extend their residence permits.
- There is no specific number of times to obtain the UK – innovator visa, as an investor can apply for ILR under certain conditions.
- An ILR application is defined as an application to reside in the UK indefinitely, for which the creator can apply after the first 3 years of obtaining the visa and the application is supported by an endorsement body.
- The founder of the project or the innovator needs to submit a report to the certification body presenting the development of the company over 6, 12 and 24 months, and when the project meets 2 criteria out of 7 criteria, the approved body may issue a letter of support.
What are the certification criteria for an ILR?
- Spend at least £50,000 on business development.
- The company participates in studies and research that results in patent applications.
- That the number of customers is doubled during the period of operation of your company.
- Revenues for the year should be at least one million pounds sterling.
- It achieved £500,000 covered by accounts and £100,000 in foreign exports.
- Created at least 10 jobs for UK Nationals.
- Created at least 5 job opportunities with a salary of 25,000 EGP annually.
- ٍSpend less than 180 days outside the Kingdom during your entire stay in the Kingdom.
- If you are over 18 years old, you must pass the A1 level test in English and pass the lifestyle test.
- It is worth noting that a spouse and children can apply with you for an ILR.
How can an innovator obtain British citizenship?
- An innovative investor and family members can apply for British citizenship within 12 months of your ILR permit, provided you have resided in the Kingdom for at least 5 years. It takes 4 to 6 weeks to process the application and it must meet the following criteria:
- The individual did not leave the United Kingdom for more than 450 days in the last 5 years before submitting the citizenship application, in addition to not leaving the Kingdom for more than 90 days in the last year before applying.
- Clean criminal and immigration records.
- He speaks English fluently.
- Passed the UK lifestyle test.
1- Why does an innovator need a business plan?
A business plan is one of the prerequisites for the UK – innovator visa and is one of the factors for granting the Letter of Support.
2- What is the points-based immigration system?
It is a system used by the Ministry of the Interior to obtain the UK – innovator visa. The Points Law is based on making an unbiased decision for each application, as 70 points must be obtained in order to be granted the visa.
|Type of project
|An innovative, scalable idea
|£50,000 in investment funds
|Acceptance of the endorsement board
|Successful development of the innovative work
|Have an active role in project management
|CEFR B2 language level
|New or Existing
|Sufficient funds to support the innovator and his family
|New or Existing
3- Who are the individuals who can file an ILR application?
The applicant can include his wife or children under the age of 18, or over the age of 18 while they are in the Kingdom and still need a helper.
If you have an idea for an innovative project and are looking for the first step in this path, you should contact the NTL team to accompany you in obtaining a UK – innovator visa.
The United Kingdom is an island nation in northwestern Europe, with a total area of 243,610 km²
Estimated population of of 67.22 million
The capital of the state is London
The official language is English
The currency is the Pound Sterling £
Info & useful links about the United Kingdom
Top 10 investment stays in the world for 2020, click here to read more:
Türkiye-UK agreement, new agreement and new investments, read more
Highlights on Ankara Agreement (ECAA), press here for more.
Manager Residency Program in the UK (Currently unavailable), for more information here.
Britain and the Commonwealth, Did you know that the Commonwealth includes a third of the world’s countries? click here to read more
Find out the top 10 reasons to get an RBI Residency by Investment: Know more.
Golden Visa in Hungary Hungarian Guest Investor...
Residency by Investment in ItalyThe Residency by...
Residency in the UAE by establishing a company...
Non-Profit ResidencyPortugal D7 visa, or what is...
UruguayResidency by InvestmentDo you know how to...