The USA E2 Visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows individuals from certain treaty countries to enter the United States for specific business-related purposes.
What is the concept of the USA E2 Visa?
The E2 visa, an abbreviation for the Economic and Trade Treaty, is a mutual agreement between the United States and select countries. Its primary objective is to foster trade partnerships and strengthen economic ties between these nations. E2 signifies “Economic and Trade,” encompassing various commitments and trade enhancements between the treaty-signing countries.
What is the USA E2 Visa (Treaty Investor Visa):
- Purpose: The E2 visa is intended for individuals or employees of companies that make a substantial investment in a U.S. business. The investment must be active and at risk.
- Eligibility: The USA E2 visa applicants must be nationals of a treaty country. However, the key difference is that the E2 visa requires a substantial and active investment in a U.S. enterprise, and the investment must be substantial in relation to the total cost of the business.
- Duration: E2 visas are initially granted for up to five years, but they can be renewed indefinitely as long as the investment and business operations continue to meet the requirements.
- Flexibility: The USA E2 Visa allows for more flexibility in terms of the type of business you can invest in, as long as it meets the investment criteria.
What is the E1 Visa (Treaty Trader Visa)?
- Purpose: The E1 visa is designed for individuals or employees of companies engaged in substantial trade between the United States and their home country. This trade can involve goods, services, and technology.
- Eligibility: To qualify for an E1 visa, you must be a national of a treaty country, and your business must meet specific criteria for substantial trade with the United States. This often means having a history of ongoing trade.
- Duration: E1 visas are typically issued for up to five years, with the possibility of extension.
- Renewal: E1 visas can be renewed as long as the trade between the United States and the treaty country continues to meet the requirements.
What are the recent developments in the USA E2 Visa?
The U.S. government has recently made a significant decision to extend E2 residency permits to individuals who hold dual citizenship from countries with cooperation treaties with the United States. This decision applies to those who have spent a minimum of 3 years in their new country. This new law opens up opportunities to work, live, and invest in the United States for a maximum period of 5 years.
It’s essential to emphasize that this opportunity isn’t exclusive to Portugal alone. Investors from various other countries can also obtain E2 residency permits. As an example, in Grenada, individuals with Grenadian citizenship who make investments can apply for an E2 visa valid for up to 5 years.
What nationalities can get the USA E2 Visa:
Some nationalities obtain an USA E2 visa that lasts between 3 or 5 years, and they are:
- Albania – 3 years – multiple entry.
- Australia – 4 years – multiple entry.
- Armenia – 5 years – multiple entry.
- Canada – 5 years – multiple entry.
- Grenada – 5 years – multiple entry.
- Ireland – 5 years – multiple entry.
- Italy – 5 years – multiple entry.
- Latvia – 5 years – multiple entry.
- Panama – 5 years – multiple entry.
- Paraguay – 5 years – multiple entry.
- South Korea – 5 years multiple entry.
- Spain – 5 years – multiple entry.
- Türkiye – 5 years – multiple entry.
- Britain – 5 years – multiple entry.
The USA E2 Visa is designated for individuals who make significant investments in American companies. It requires citizenship from treaty countries and aims to enhance economic and trade relations between the United States and the treaty country. Eligibility criteria and specific application processes may vary, so it’s essential to consult with a specialized immigration lawyer in the United States, such as NTL Law, to obtain the latest information and guidance.
Mrs. Sylvanie Burton is the first woman to hold the position of Commonwealth of Dominica President.
The Apostille Convention saves your money and time during the process of obtaining investment citizenship.
Top 10 tourist places in Malta for every lover of history and nature.
Entry into force of the New CBI interview Fees in Grenada.
Grenada suspends receiving CBI applications for Russian and Belarusian investors.