Obtaining citizenship by investment in Saint Lucia is one of the unique opportunities in the world of investment and opening new horizons for investment projects on the island; in the Caribbean region in general. However, there are many questions on the mind of every investor who wants to apply for citizenship, or wants to move to that island. Therefore, in this article, you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions about everything related to investment and life in Saint Lucia.
How to obtain citizenship by investment in Saint Lucia?
Applicants under citizenship by investment in Saint Lucia Program must choose one of the following options:
- Government non-refundable Donation to National Economic Fund (NEF) starts from $100,000 .
- Purchasing a property from one of the real estate projects approved by the government, starts from $200,000 .
- Investment in the National Action Government Bonds (NAB), starts from $300,000 .
- Investing in Enterprise Projects, starts from $3,500,000 .
What is the ranking of St. Lucia’s passport in the world?
If you get the citizenship by investment in Saint Lucia you will hold a strong passport becaus the passport of St. Lucia ranks 32nd among the best passports for freedom of movement. Saint Lucia passport holders can travel visa free to more than 140 countries such as the Schengen countries, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, and China. Recently, Saint Lucia can travel visa free to Canada, to know more:
Who are the family members that can be added to the application file of the citizenship by investment in Saint Lucia?
- the wife and children up to the age of 29.
- The Siblings of the Main Applicant only can be added to the citizenship file, up to the age of 18.
- The possibility to include the father, mother, grandfather, and grandmother of both the applicant and/or spouse.
What does the approval of the Citizenship by Investment Unit mean?
It is the approval that the investor gets after submitting an application to obtain citizenship by investment in Saint Lucia. Then he can complete the investment conditions by paying an amount to invest in bonds, establish a company, or buy a property within a period not exceeding 3 months.
After approving the application for citizenship by investment in Saint Lucia, how long is the period specified for paying the investment amount?
The applicant must pay the required amount within a period not exceeding 90 days after being notified by the company specialized in managing investment citizenship matters.
How can I start a business in Saint Lucia?
An investor who has citizenship from Saint Lucia can start his own business by applying the following steps:
- Defining the project idea and studying the market for its applicability.
- Building a business plan based on economic feasibility.
- Choose the form of commercial activity and obtain a commercial registration.
- Obtain the required approvals and licenses imposed by Saint Lucia.
- Locate the project or choose an address for the office via Saint Lucia Records.
- When external financing is needed, the request is arranged in the form of personal savings or external sources.
- Assigning a work team either inside the project office or from outside.
- Finally, developing the marketing plan in cooperation with the work team and starting sales.
How can I open my own company in Saint Lucia?
- An investor who has citizenship by investment can open his own company through these steps:
- Choosing a company name that is allowed and not previously registered in Saint Lucia records.
- Determine the nature of the company, whether it is a sole proprietorship, partnership, or limited liability company.
- Register the company officially by paying the required fees and submitting the necessary papers.
- Obtain a tax identification number from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Finally, the drafting of the company’s articles of incorporation.
What is the National Economic Fund of Saint Lucia?
This fund was established in 2015 based on Article 33 of the Investment Citizenship Law of Saint Lucia. The objective of establishing the National Fund is to receive the sums imposed on the Citizenship by Investment Program. These funds will be invested in national development projects approved by the Council of Ministers.
Is it possible to benefit from the CARICOM agreement when obtaining citizenship by investment in Saint Lucia?
Yes, it is possible to benefit from the CARICOM agreement because Saint Lucia is one of the member states of the CARICOM agreement and thus benefit from the freedom of trade and movement between the countries of the Caribbean Union.
What are the university fields available in Saint Lucia?
Students can choose between 10 majors to study according to a variety of colleges, the most important of which are:
- Business and management
- Information technology
- Health care
- Tourism and hospitality management
- Environmental sciences
- Social science
- Natural Science
What is the exchange rate for the East Caribbean dollar?
Each US dollar equals 2.70 East Caribbean dollars.
What is the official language in Saint Lucia?
English is the official language, but the locals have their own language, which is known as the Creole language.
Are there health care centers in Saint Lucia?
Yes, Saint Lucia has 3 public hospitals, a private hospital, in addition to 33 health care centers and a mental health hospital.
What are the most required documents to apply for citizenship by investment in Saint Lucia?
- A copy of Valid passport for all applicants.
- Birth certificate for all applicants and a marriage certificate.
- Clear criminal record for all applicants up to 18.
- A bank financial statement with proof of a legal source of income.
- Health certificate that it is free of diseases.
- C.V. and recommendation letters.
What is the climate of Saint Lucia?
One of the most important characteristics of St. Lucia’s climate is that it is moderate due to the northeastern winds, and it is considered a tropical local climate. As for the climatic seasons, there is a dry season from December 1 to May 31, and a wet season from June 1 to November 30. The average temperature in Saint Lucia is between 24 and 30 degrees.
If you are an investor who wants to obtain citizenship by investment in Saint Lucia or to find the most suitable CBI program for you and your business, please contact our team at NTL to get your own consultation.
Entry into force of the New CBI interview Fees in Grenada.
Grenada suspends receiving CBI applications for Russian and Belarusian investors.
All you need to know about St. Lucia, numbers, ratios, and coverage of various aspects of life on the island.
Investing in Antigua and Barbuda, 10 reasons every investor should know
Investing in Saint Lucia provides a unique opportunity for investors wishing to start an investment project in the Caribbean