Residency by Investment
The Residency by Investment in Italy allows foreign individuals to obtain residency in the country by engaging in specific investment activities. Here is a detailed overview of how to obtain investor residency in Italy.
How to obtain Residency by Investment in Italy?
Individuals can obtain investor residency in Italy by investing in business activities, either by investing in a startup company or a profit-generating company, as follows:
Investing in a Startup Company (Minimum $250,000):
- This option represents the lower-cost investment, although it carries higher risks as the company is still in its early stages and may not yield immediate stable returns. To encourage a broader range of investors interested in obtaining residency by investment in Italy, the government supports certain startup companies, offering them various incentives and benefits.
Investing in a Profit-Generating Company (Minimum $500,000):
This option, with a higher minimum investment, involves investing in a well-established company that is less susceptible to risks, thereby increasing investment stability. Investing in an established company can have a more significant impact on the local economy, contributing to job creation and increased productivity.
Required Documents for Obtaining Residency by Investment in Italy:
Valid Passport Copies:
Certificate of No Criminal Convictions.
Proof of the Source of Invested Funds.
Evidence of Financial Capability to Cover Residency Costs.
Advantages of Residency by investment in Italy programme:
The investor residency program in Italy is considered one of the immigration programs that attract investors. Here are some aspects that can distinguish the residency by investment in Italy:
- Simplified Procedures: Obtaining residency by investment in Italy can be relatively simple, especially if all required documents and information are provided.
- Flexibility: Some programs offer flexibility in choosing the type of investment, allowing investors to select the appropriate minimum investment and the type of company they wish to invest in.
- Speed: The investor residency program in Italy, in general, is known for achieving residency relatively quickly compared to some other programs.
- Inclusion of Spouse and Children under 18: The program allows the inclusion of the spouse and children under the age of 18.
- No Language Test Requirement: The investor residency program in Italy does not require passing a language test.
Benefits of Obtaining residency by investment in Italy :
- Freedom to Travel within the European Union without a Visa.
- Opening New Opportunities in Work and Business Participation.
- Access to Healthcare Services.
- Right to Access the Healthcare System in Italy.
Italy is considered one of the countries with a rich history, particularly its capital, Rome, which is a significant tourist center and one of the most visited cities due to its historical importance as a major center for the Romans in a certain era. Italy is characterized by a moderate, humid climate with long winters and hot summers. Due to its geographical location, the country boasts breathtaking natural landscapes, including the world’s highest peak, Mont Blanc, in the Alps.
It is a country in in Southern Europe, situated in the center of the Mediterranean Sea. with a total area of 301,340 km2
in Southern Europe, situated in the center of the Mediterranean Sea. It consists of a peninsula bordered by the Alps and surrounded by several islands. It shares land borders with France, Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia, and the small states enclosed within the Vatican City and San Marino.
Estimated population of 60 million people
The capital of the state is Rome
The official language is Italian
The currency is Euro €
The main steps of getting Residency by Investment in Italy:
The process may be simplified into the following steps:
|Step1:||Signing a contract with NTL and making the first payment.|
|Step2:||Identify the Type of Investment: Determine the type of investment you wish to make, whether in a new or existing company.|
|Step3:||Document Preparation: Compile the necessary documents such as passports, financial certificates, and any other required documentation.|
|Step4:||Submit Residency Application: Submit the residency application to the relevant authorities and pay the fees.|
|Step5:||Application Evaluation and Decision: Assessment of the application, decision-making, and notification.|
|Step6:||Receive Investor Residency upon Approval.|
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the principles of issuing residency by investment in Italy?
Italy has introduced the Italian Startup Visa program based on investor residency, aiming to significantly streamline the procedures for issuing entry visas. It adopts three distinct key principles:
- Centralization: The process involves a set of approvals that converge at a single point of contact linking the applicant and the Italian government. The Minister of Economic Development is responsible for managing all tasks related to visa issuance, and a specialized committee coordinates essential coordination processes among these institutions.
- Digitization: All transactions are conducted online through a dedicated platform for communication between the visa applicant and the government. The entire application process is completed remotely until the visa is issued, which can be received either from the embassy or consulate in the investor’s country of residence.
- Speed: The initial result of the visa is issued within 30 days, a rapid timeframe that facilitates the progression of the remaining procedures.
What are the Functions of the Secretary-General of the Investment Committee?
- Verification of document legitimacy.
- Conducting a preliminary examination of documents during the residency permit application and renewal stages.
- The Secretary-General is responsible for archiving files related to the program’s documents.
- Report preparation activities.
When is residency by investment in Italy canceled?
Residency is canceled in the following cases:
- When the investor decides not to continue implementing their investment project or investment by donation and notifies the embassy of this decision.
- When the Ministry of the Interior is informed by the specialized committee that the citizen has not applied for an investor visa permit as required by law.
What are the conditions for maintaining residency by investment in Italy?
The investor must maintain the residency by investment permit period; otherwise, the permit is canceled and cannot be renewed. The permit holder is not allowed to change the investment method, and if there is a desire to change the type of investment, a new permit application must be submitted. If the committee discovers the withdrawal of the investment or donation, it notifies the Ministry of the Interior for the cancellation of the residency permit.
What is the tax rate in Italy?
- Personal Income Tax: personal income tax rates range from 23% to 43% and depend on the income level.
- Corporate Tax: corporate tax rates typically range between 24% and 27.5%.
- Value Added Tax (VAT): The Value Added Tax rate in Italy varies from 4% to 22%, with the standard rate being 22%.
Which committee is responsible for processing residency by investment in Italy?
It is a committee jointly formed by institutions responsible for ensuring the fulfillment of conditions for applicants. It consists of 7 or 8 representatives from institutions with expertise in immigration, as well as financial and business aspects of the investment project.
What are the primary tasks of the Investor Visa Committee?
- Formation of the committee and its powers.
- Decision-making procedures regarding the residency by investment in Italy.
- Evaluation of applications from individuals seeking an investor visa in Italy.
UK Self-Sponsorship Visa (SPONSOR LICENSE +...
Residency By InvestmentThe UK - innovator visa...
Residency By InvestmentIn 1990, the EB5 visa...
Residency By InvestmentAbout the Golden and...
Residency By InvestmentThe Permanent Residency...