The Republic of Cyprus is a modern country that enjoys a strategic geographical position. It lies at the crossroads of three continents, Europe, Africa and Asia, thus provides unrivaled access and travel opportunities. With its excellent flight connections and first-class airports, the island is perfectly placed for working and traveling within and beyond the European Union. Cyprus has a rich heritage and diverse culture, beautiful beaches with the cleanest bathing waters in Europe, fresh air, a wonderful Mediterranean climate and cosmopolitan cities with an abundance of amenities. The island offers a low cost but high standard of living and is a very popular year-round destination for Europeans seeking a coastal or golf holiday.
The country joined the European Union on 1 May, 2004 and joined the Euro-zone on 1 January, 2008. Soon after independence in 1960 the Republic of Cyprus became a member of the United Nations, the Commonwealth, the Non-Aligned Movement and the Council of Europe. Cyprus subsequently became a member of other international organizations, including the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, and the World Bank.
- Location: southeast Europe, island in the Mediterranean
- Capital city: Nicosia (Lefkosia)
- Geographical area: 9251km”, 3rd largest Mediterranean island
- Population: 1,155,403
- EU member: since 2004
- Language: Greek, Turkish, English widely spoken
- Currency: Euro (EUR)
In March 2014, Cyprus changed the legislation that enables foreign investors to become a Cypriot (EU) citizen and obtain a Cypriot passport through naturalization, making it more accessible and affordable than ever. Cyprus citizenship may be obtained through a secure property investment, the financial criteria are as follows:
€2.5m investment in a single luxury property.
€2.5m investment in real estate plus €500,000 permanent residence
Benefits of the Program
- Passports issued within three months
- Cyprus allows dual citizenship
- Unrestricted right to live, work, travel and study anywhere in the European Union
- Visa-free travel to 158 countries
- All nationalities eligible
- No language requirement, medical test or interview
- No physical residency requirement
- Citizenship is passed on by descent, thus offering a legacy to future generations
- Cyprus has no inheritance tax, has a highly favorable corporate tax structure and a comprehensive double tax treaty network
- No tax consequences, unless you opt to become tax resident in Cyprus
- Cypriot passport holders can quickly and cost effectively obtain visas for other countries, such as the USA