|Location||Caribbean, islands in the Caribbean Sea, about one-third of the way from Puerto Rico to Trinidad and Tobago|
|Political Status||Federal parliamentary democracy|
|Size||261.6 sq km –( St Kitts 168.4 sq km and Nevis 93.2 sq km)|
|Language||English is the official language|
|Currency||Eastern Caribbean dollar ( XCD(|
|Time||GMT minus 4hr|
|DATE OF INDEPENDENCE||19 September 1983(from the United Kingdom)|
|RELIGION||Anglican, other Protestant, Roman Catholic|
|GOVERNMENT TYPE||Federated constitutional monarchy with one legislative house (National Assembly|
|LEGAL SYSTEM||based on English common law|
Saint Kitts and Nevis also known as the Federation of Saint Christopher and Nevis is a twin-island nation located in the Caribbean Sea and Basseterre is the capital. The country shares borders with Puerto Rico and Trinidad and Tobago and has no land borders with any country.
St. Kitts & Nevis has a pleasant tropical climate with clear waters and a laid-back atmosphere which make the two islands a fashionable tourist destination. The country is also one of the most eco-friendly places on earth.
Formerly the island was under British rule and gained independence in 1983. It still maintains a close relationship with Great Britain as a member of the League of Nations. Beside it is a member of the United Nations (United Nations), the Caribbean Community (CARICOM), the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS), and the Organisation of American States (OAS).
St. Kitts & Nevis ‘ passport is the best in OECS according to 2018 Henley passport index. The Henley passport index based on the number of visa-free or visa on arrival counter accessible to citizens.
Furthermore, Saint Kitts and Nevis established in 2017 diplomatic relation with more than 10 nations gaining visa-free access to emerging marketing worldwide. Now St. Kitts & Nevis can access to 130+ countries visa-free including the Russian Federation.
Applicants under St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship by Investment Programme must choose one of the potential routes to citizenship.
- Making Contribution to the Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF) ; or
- Making Contribution to The Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF); or
- Buy an approved real estate with a deed restriction not able to sell for 7 years.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years
- Valid passport.
- Travel document.
- Documents supporting the source Proof that the applicant has no criminal record.
- Good Health, applicants should have excellent health and must show that they do not suffer from any contagious diseases.
- Payment of application fees.
- Good character.
- Able to provide proof of source of funds.
- Pass a detailed background check.
- Approved certificate or certified document (passport copy, university certificate, …etc).
Benefits of St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship program:
- No requirement to visit St Kitts and Nevis before, during, or after application.
- Access to 150+ countries with the St. Kitts & Nevis passport without the need to apply for a visit visa, including Europe’s Schengen area, the United Kingdom, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
- Protected by the government citizenship law.
- Dual Nationality.
- There are no taxes on worldwide income, capital gains, gift, wealth and inheritance.
- Include family members in the application.
- The ability to pass one’s citizenship to future generations by descent.
- Full and unrestricted right to live, work, and travel in the country.
- Full confidentiality in carrying out the procedures.
- Ownership of the 26th ranked passport in the world.
- Easy to renew.
- Excellent asset protection services and business environment.
- No Education or Management experience required.
- The program is based on the law & is guaranteed by the government since 1984.
Benefits of the program:
- A fast process to residency (4 – 6 months).
- The ability to change the name change in the applicant’s passport after one year of holding the St. Kitts & Nevis passport.
- 60-day processing for all successful applicants who choose the premium Accelerated Application Process (AAP) for an additional fee
- Guaranteed investment and available Financing option.
- No language requirements for residence or citizenship.
- No obligation to relinquish current nationality.
- Lowest tax rates and free trade environment.
- Fast processing time and transparent requirements
The Features of St. Kitts & Nevis passport:
Good visa-free travel:
Currently, St. Kitts & Nevis citizens can travel to more than 135 countries without the need to follow a cumbersome visa application process. A vast majority of these countries allow St. Kitts & Nevis citizens to stay 21 to 90 days without any visa requirement while some countries grant visas upon arrival or issue electronic visas upon online application. Good visa – free travel:
When political and social instability in your own country can:
- Make obtaining travel visas difficult, or
- Affect your freedom to work, or
- affect your ability to purchase real estate, or
- Limit investments opportunities,
- Subject you to punitive tax burdens or currency controls, or
- Your current passport makes you a target for hostile groups when traveling abroad, a second passport can provide peace of mind in a sea of insecurity.
Through a programme of Citizenship by Investment, it is possible to legally purchase a second passport; provided you can meet certain qualifications and pass a background check.
THE MAIN STEPS TO GET ST. KITTS & NEVIS CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTING:
Document Preparation; prepare the required documents and Government application forms. A down payment of the professional fees is required to open your application. NTL will guide you through the citizenship documents.
Due Diligence; When we submit your application documents to the Government your file processing fee and due diligence fees are payable in full.
NTL will connect on your behalf with the citizenship by investment unit and keep you informed of progress and let you know if any further documents are required.
Once the process of due diligence is completed, the background report is sent directly to the St. Kitts & NEVIS Government for review by the committee.
Citizenship Committee Approval ;After a successful due diligence report, your file will progress to the Citizenship Committee who will consider your application based upon the documents submitted and findings in the due diligence report. We will receive written confirmation and forward a copy of the letter to you to advice if you have been successful in your application or if they require any additional information
Payment; once accepted you are invited to pay the donation or if taking Real Estate option, pay the balance of your purchase is made.
Naturalization of St Kitts & Nevies ; the applicants will naturalized citizen of St. Kitts & Nevis and will receive a naturalization certificate after the investment has arrived at St. Kitts & Nevis bank.
OPTIONS FOR CITIZENSHIP:
To qualify for acquiring the St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship by investment, an applicant has to choose one of the following options:
- Make a significant economic contribution to the Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF)
April 2018, The Sustainable Growth Fund took effect in a direct contribution to the Government of St Kitts and Nevis, the Fund focuses on activating the areas of education, health, and infrastructure, mitigate the effects of climate change, support economic growth, and promote, preserve, protect and develop the culture and heritage of the nation.
The investment contribution:
Main applicant: 150,000 USD with 25,000 USD investments for the spouse
Per dependent: $10,000 USD.
A family of four (main applicant, a spouse, and two children): 195,000 USD. A further contribution of 10,000 USD is required for subsequent dependents.
- The Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF):
This option is the most popular alternative for citizenship by investment in St. Kitts and Nevis. The fund is a public charity that assists the Government with the task of diversifying St Kitts and Nevis’ economy. The minimum contribution required $250,000 USD under the SIDF option.
- REAL ESTATE OPTION
Purchase approved real estate:
To qualify for acquiring the St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship under the real estate investment option through one of the government approved real estate with a value of at least 200,000, USD and to maintain ownership of the property for a minimum period seven years, or a real estate value of 400,000 USD and maintain the ownership for five years.
In addition, the payment of various registration and other fees like government fee, due diligence fee, passport fee etc.
Note: Minimum Investment (Must hold for 5 years) USD 400,000
Minimum Investment (Must hold for 7 years) USD 200,000
The process of obtaining St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship through real estate investment:
- The Investor enters into Real Estate Purchase / Sale Agreement with the approved real estate development and the NTL agreement.
- The investor transfer full investment amount and associated fees to an escrow account controlled by the government attorney.
- The applications and required documents are submitted.
- Government approval received followed by the issue of CBI naturalization certificate.
- Passport application submitted.
Why is the St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship program for investment called The Platinum Standard?
The passport program of St. Kitts and Nevis was launched at the legislative level in 1984. Since then, it has gained popularity as a simple and understandable tool for obtaining a Caribbean passport. The document processing is as transparent and prompt as it gets, and understandably so – all the procedures have been fine-tuned for over three decades.
The success of the passport program is repeatedly confirmed in the form of the highest ratings given by international experts. In 2015, Saint Kitts and Nevis became the first country to launch a system for managing CBI application. In 2016, the country received an award for becoming the first country to use the accelerated application processing system. In 2017, the program of Saint Kitts and Nevis economic citizenship was recognized as the most innovative in the world.
What is the time frame to process the application?
The application process time after receiving the complete application forms and documents (as well as paying the funds) is currently 4-6 months – regardless if a client chooses the SIDF option or the real-estate program.
What is the main difference between SIDF and Real Estate option?
SIDF is a public charity and the investment amount is donated to the sugar industry foundation (charity). is non-refundable by the Govt. With real estate option, it is a bit expensive, but the investment is recoverable (real estate can be sold after 5yrs).
The real estate investment is a recoverable investment because you can sell it after 5 years. As of new rules from 2012, the next buyer will qualify for citizenship.
We highly recommend the real-estate program, because having a “second home” in St. Kitts is a very good reason for getting a St. Kitts citizenship and passport. This would help even you are questioned at border controls.
As you can see, the real estate option is expensive but the real estate option is a recoverable investment, however, you can only sell your property after 5 years. It will not qualify the next buyer for citizenship.
Both real estate and SIDF takes the same approval time.
How long is the validity of the passport?
The passport issued carries 10-year validity and after that, it can be renewed.
Do I have to live in St. Kitts and Nevis after acquiring citizenship?
No. You are not required to live in St. Kitts and Nevis but as a citizen you have every right to live and work in St. Kitts, whenever you want.
Can 2 or more persons buy real estate and apply for citizenship together?
Yes, it is possible, but provided each has contributed $400,000 for real estate.
We are expecting a new baby and is it possible
The newborn baby get citizenship?
If husband and wife are both citizens of St. Kitts and Nevis, then the new born baby will automatically inherit the citizenship.